People were always obsessed with avoiding diseases and keeping themselves healthy and beautiful. And one of the most popular means for this is the Ayurveda practice. Its benefits are numerous for every particular body system and the human organism as a whole, and you have a chance to experience this with Alveda for skin.
What Does Ayurveda Say About the Skin?
Taken in short, ayurvedic medicine is a mode of treatment based on philosophical teachings. The main principle that ayurvedic cure follows is keeping the balance of all the organism systems by balancing the main doshas.
Such an introduction is made for a better understanding of why ayurvedic treatment is full-body. So the same point touches upon the skin issues. The health and beauty of your skin highly depend on how you live, what you eat and feel, and how the seasons (and weather) change. This complex of circumstances affects your doshas and can cause disbalance, which will immediately reflect on your skin. But there are some points to help you better adapt and fix the matter.
Ayurvedic Skin Types
Let’s start with the basic classification of the skin types. According to Ayurveda, there are three of them:
- Vata – characterizes by dryness and multiple micro fracturing (gets old faster);
- Pitta – is light to pallor, consequently sensitive (middle temp of getting old);
- Kapha – has normal or a little increased oil level and has the least defects (the slowest to get old).
These skin types are identical to the doshas that need to be balanced. Knowing what skin type you have, helps prevent and eradicate the disease in the other parts of the organism that may affect the skin. But as the summer period is close to giving us the pleasure to relax in the sunlight, let’s clear up what helps best in the summer skincare with Ayurveda.
How Does Summer Affect Your Skin?
The weather can vary from comfortable to extremely hot depending on your region. The sunlight may cause sunburns, dry skin, and a general lack of hydration. The influences of the wind and air humidity on water balance are also huge so, to keep your face moisturized, Ayurveda skincare principles suggest you protect it from those effects and look carefully at what you eat and drink.
The Best Ayurvedic Skin Care Tips In Summer from Alveda
We prepared some tips for you to make your Ayurveda skin protection better.
Particular Significance of Food
The ama has the meaning of poorly digested food. So regulating your nutrition habits is the first point to consider:
- eat a pitta-pacifying diet – it will help you digest better by enhancing your Agni;
- eat foods with a cooling effect – you can use this option apart from the abovementioned diet;
- drink plenty of herb-infused drinks – natural herbal nutrients coming with liquids are the easiest to get absorbed;
- avoid spicy, greasy, hot, and salty foods – they are toxic and don’t let water circulate freely;
- avoid ice-cold drinks – digestive fire is very sensitive to the cold.
These points for skincare with Ayurveda allow moistening of all layers of the skin and regulate sebum better than any cosmetic means. But to support this effect, it is better to follow the mental advice of Ayurveda for skin care.
Ayurvedic doctors insist on the influence of the mental state on the physical condition and appearance. Thus, it is true for skin care in Ayurveda as well. So, to help your skin look clear and well-attended, you should:
- get plenty of quality rest – the first is to sleep well to let the organism recover;
- practice yoga and meditation to avoid stress – it helps to digest information better, both pragmatic and emotional, so prevents the mental amas appearance.
These practices are natural and highly required in the summer season when impressions and duties overwhelm you.
Cosmetic means of Ayurveda for skin are additional but never excessive if properly applied:
- apply skin and scalp masks – nurturing and antiseptic elements of natural masks calm the skin and reduce inflammations;
- avoid sun exposure – it provokes extra heat, causing problems;
- use coconut oil to cool and soothe your skin – use it purely, or combine it with the herbs;
- use rosewater as a toner – it is pretty easy to DIY but very effective to make the skin smooth and keeping the balance;
- cleanse your face with natural components – in the hot period, the skin is particularly sensitive to the toxic and inconvenient contents of your facial wash;
- use herbal moisturizing cosmetics – look carefully at what you add if DIY’ing or what contains the care product you buy.
As Ayurveda supposes using only natural components and nutrients, you can follow the recommendations with no doubt.
How to Protect Your Skin in Summer?
To keep your skin healthy in the extreme conditions of hot periods, remember about the cycle of nature and any organism affected by the seasons changing. On one hand, the task for summer is to get rid of all the toxins and amas that were collected in different parts of your body. On the other hand, you should supply your systems with nutrients to prepare for the next one. So the best solution is to keep up with our physical activities, positive thoughts, and complete nutrition.
To enhance your strategy and deal with the diseases that affect your skin, use the chance to apply for the Ayurveda online consultation. Ayurveda services provided by Alveda offer you a direct connection with doctors, instant ayurvedic consultations, and an online shop with everything that could be necessary for your skin and other systems care. Come to the page to learn more and join the platform to use the benefits!